Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pemaquid, Pemaquid, Pemaquid





There, I’ve said it! What a great word. Today, I sailed south out of Muscongus Bay and around Pemaquid Neck. But first, I had to get through the little passage at the north end of Hog Island – lots of lobster pots, rocks, and a narrow thorofare.




Another day of some fast sailing, some slow sailing, but always fun sailing. There are beautiful houses on the east coast of Pemaquid Neck, the type of houses that scream “Hey! This is my house!”



There are no docks for boats because this is such rough and rocky coastline. The wind started to really pick up and by the time I sailed by the Pemaquid Neck Lighthouse, Rincewind was really ripping along.







On the other side of the neck, the ocean swell disappeared and everything felt much calmer. A quick run down Johns Bay and I was at Witch Island.

No comments: