Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hot times in Boothbay Harbor





After ten days away from services, it was time for fuel, water, wi-fi, and food. Boothbay Harbor offered all of those things. Unfortunately, it also offered a very rolly mooring at Wotton’s Wharf which provided a really bad night’s sleep. I ended up putting a cockpit cushion on the cabin floor to try to minimize the distance I would roll up and down with the swell.




The passage from Witch Island was very foggy most of the time, with a big southern swell from the ocean.

I passed yet another Island named “Thrumcap” – I need to find out what that name implies. It seems that every section of the Maine coast has its Thrumcap Island.













Ram Island Light has a neat walkway from the house to the light.








Boothbay Harbor is very easy to enter and Rincewind was happy to renew her diesel and water supplies.


Lots of people in town, but it didn’t seem to be as nice a location as Camden for the casual tourist. It was very hot as I walked the mile to the local grocery store. I took a cab back to the boat and put Boothbay Harbor in my wake.

No comments: